1. Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national animal but was outvoted when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson chose the bald eagle.
2. Over an estimated 150 million hot dogs will be consumed on July 4th. That’s roughly 1 dog for every two people in the U.S.
3. The national anthem is actually set to the tune of an old English song called To Anacreon in Heaven.
4. The 4th of July was not declared a national holiday until 1941.
5. The first 4th of July party held at the White House was in 1801.
This year Sight and Sound Productions has the distinct honor of producing the City of Jacksonville’s 4th of July Celebration! Families from around the First Coast will flock to see spectacular colors and designs from hundreds of rockets launched over the St. Johns River. The festivities consist of live entertainment, food and fun activities for the entire family.
Sight and Sound Productions is providing the lighting and soundtrack for the fireworks show. Our professional technicians are installing state-of-the-art dynamic sound and our XLC line array equipment for unrivaled audio performance. This is an exciting week of preparation for Jacksonville’s most patriotic event. We are working diligently to provide our audience an experience they will always remember.
At Sight and Sound Productions, we are the difference between a good event and a Great Event!